Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1988 Case 580K

nicoleg ยท 2023-08-18 22:54

Hey guys, could use some help, please. 1988 Case 580K (17424855 not sure if this is serial # or what). Transaxle oil...checked the level and it is low. Never knew this existed (yikes) under the floor mat. I tried to use ole trusty Google but think I am getting more confused. I need to know if Hy Tran Ultra 85/140 (MS 1209) is in fact correct? If yes, how much do I need? Where can I get it? Does it have the friction modifier for wet brakes in it or do I need to buy Tutela Axle Oil Additive (part # 402982A2)? Please when responding, break it down so I can understand and relay it to my father. Just a girl trying to help her Dad out who is super old school and I haven't a clue what I'm talking about LOL!! Please help!

Replies1
  1. #1clueless22023-08-18 23:15

    Asking the same question in two separate threads causes confusion.