Looking at purchasing a 416 cat backhoe with 4k hrs on the meter. I'm getting no movement out of the dipper cylinder. I can't fus with it too much since one boom cylinder has a good leak to it and can't fix it till it's in my yard. Looking for opinions on what could possibly be causing no movement at all. Controls move freely so it's not a linkage issue. The guy is the 2nd owner and doesn't think any seals have ever been replaced on it. Other then the leak, possible stuck linkage on the loader tilt side (not able to move the stick into position for curl up) and no function of the dipper the machine is in really good condition. Machines been sitting for some years in his driveway.
Bottom out the cylinder on the controls on either side of the cylinder that is not working then wile holding them in bottom out try working the dipper if the dipper moves then you have a bad resolver valve normally the o rings just blow out if it still don't move i would look at cylinder maybe piston is off of rod
So I tried all other functions and loader, not so much with boom lift since the cylinder is pissing really bad together with bottoming out the dipper control valve, I got nothing, zero movement out of the dipper
Are the hoses to the dipper showing any signs of pressurizing when you move the control.?
No not that I observed without putting a gauge on it. I didn't notice any movement in the hoses
Just if the hoses for that function are getting any pressure at all you should at least see them “twitch” to some extent.
Nothing no twitching no movement