Just acquired a 60H w/Ford LSG423. It sat in a field for years. I got it running (dropped valve seat) and platform controls weren't working until I cleaned the foot pedal out from insect larvae that packed it so full that the micro switches couldn't compress. After cleaning/fixing the pedal, most controls were working (just not lift and swing). It would drive fwd and rev. I sent a truck to pick it up and the reverse was no longer working. I got it loaded in FWD only and now that it's home, I can diagnose it further. As mentioned by others, the schematics are terrible but I can identify most of what I need. They don't identify which control valves are which in the manual which is frustrating. Does anyone know how to diagnose the proportional controllers on the platform panel for drive, swing, and lift? Swing is now working, lift isn't, and only forward is working on the drive controller... Also, on the hydraulic leveling of the steer axle, what operates that? Is that automatically controlled from the 5º level switch? Manual doesn't really talk about it.
It was just the potentiometer. The carbon contact was pretty worn and dirty...
On the "leveling" of the steer axle - it is operated by mechanical linkage on a lock valve in the area of the swing gear. The purpose is to allow the axle to oscillate as long as the boom is centered over the chassis. As soon as the boom is taken off center, the system locks the axle in place to prevent tipping over. To test, drive one front wheel up onto a block or ramp of some kind, then swing to the side and drive off the block. The wheel that was on the block should remain in the air. and should stay there until you swing back to center.
Thanks for the explanation on the leveling!