Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1988 western star dump truck

Aaron Eidt ยท 2020-10-03 11:19

Ok so about 2 months ago I bought a 1988 western star that was original a road truck then someone took the sleeper off of it and put a 17 food dump bed. It had a Neway ard 238-6 suspension it unfortunately had 2 leveling valves. when I got the truck I could hit the dump valve and both sides would drop it would drop the left side first then the right. I got some work the other day hauling rock so I was gross out at 54k. I hate dumping heavy loads with the bags up makes me feel like I am going for a ride so. Now when I go to dump the air the right side dumps and the left side will not dump until the air pressure is below 60 PSI. when I bought the truck 2 months ago both dump valves was brand new do I have a bad dump valve or something else?

Replies3
  1. #1Aaron Eidt2020-10-03 11:37

    Also forgot that when I hit my dump switch one of the dump valves leaks until all the air is out of the system

  2. #2DMiller2020-10-03 12:53

    90% of every air ride truck around here has been converted to SINGLE air ride height valve.

  3. #3Aaron Eidt2020-10-04 10:58

    Ultimately I will end up doing away with most of whats been done to the truck most of everything haves been messed with and over complicated thru talking with a friend they are using dump valves for lift axles. That is one way to do it but they way they have done it is over complicated it. I will end up buying a new leveling valve with the dump feature and simplify the set up witch is what should have been done to begin with. I am just trying to get it working so that way I dont have to worry about a air back busting while I am loaded and trying to spread ABC on Monday morning.