Hey just trying to get a base of information before I get to crazy into diag, I recently bought a 963 cat track loader, I bought it inop and got it running, after replacing hoses and a good bath I’m ready to tackle the moving portion, when I fire it up I have all hydraulic function and when I go to move the hydrostat I can hear the pump start to whine like it’s trying to move, but it’s frozen in place. Oil looks full and good, and there are no obvious leaks. Almost seems like the break is stuck on, going to check pressures this week when I get off work just looking for some quick insight. Bought a full service manual for it and doesn’t say much about my certain issue any insight is helpful thank you (picture of machine and serial number below)
The first thing to do is pull up the brake pedal make sure it is up the whole way if it is up the whole way check the brake lever on hystat there is a hole in it a 5/16 course bolt should be able to screw into with no problem they way you are talking it sounds like brake pedal is stuck down kind of normal occurrence with open rops
This one.? If not you may be batting a loser as regards information. Caterpillar CAT 963 Track Type Loader Repair Service Manual SENR2280 | eBay Item is in good condition. Normal Wear and Tear from use. Item is sold as is. Manual is in English. Not the manual you are looking for?. www.ebay.com
This one, not much on troubleshooting and testing and adjusting like I’m used too, it’s a long read over 6,000 pages on my phone
I think you've been had. Unless you paid North of five hundred bucks for it what you got wasn't genuine. See that link I posted above for a genuine used manual. They are about a grand new.
Senr3193 is the system opps and testing and adjusting section
The one you sent doesn’t cover my SN I don’t think it says 21Z1-up where mine is a 21z0 unless I’m reading my tag wrong
That is Cat shorthand for from the first machine built. They miss out all the zeros. Therefore it most definitely is the correct one for your Serial Number.