Ive got a ex200 with some ignition problems and was wondering if anyone may have or can point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for the ignition to starter. Thanks
Hope this helps, let me know
What exactly is it doing, or not doing?
Nothing happens when you turn the key. And also, thanks so much for posting a diagram for me will help alot!
Not sure if the 200 is the same, but about 9 years ago I was running an '88 EX150 that did the same thing, ie. nothing happened when I turned on the key. Turned out to be the master relay beside the batteries. What you're looking for is a big black round thing about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter with 2 big wires and 2 little wires going in and out. This one said "NEW ERA" on top in big letters. I just simply took one big wire off and put it on the stud with the other big wire, bypassing the relay. Problem solved... Hope this helps!
Good Call :drinkup I'd def start there too!
If "nothing happens" when turning on the key. No lights nothing. Then start by looking at the Battery Relay (basicaly an electric night switch). In the battery compartment. While this may not be activated therefore not allowing power downstream it is usually not the problem. There are 2 fuseable links coming off each of the two bigger studs. (battery cable also connects to these studs). Check to see if one of these are not blown. You can test the Battery Relay by running 24v to the top of the relay to one of the small wire connections. Carefull one is a ground wire if it has 2. If it only has 1 then that is the one to power up as it is internally grounded. If you get lights on but no starter engagement, then look at the the starter. Mounted between the starter solinoid and the starter itself is a "Safety Relay". Won't allow you to engage the starter when it is running. This is a common problem and I have changed the relay numourous times. Some have bypassed it and that would be no problem as long as you use proper guage wires. Goos Luck
The comments on the battery relay are spot on. I have also seen issues with shorted out glow plugs. Basically if you look at the glow plug connection bars you will see a burned spot in a dry climate or a rusty spot in a wet climate. Basically one of the plugs shorts out but enough current goes through the bar to burn it before the fuse burns out. I've seen it enough that I check the bars every time I check the engine oil. Also if the fuse is burned and the bar shows a problem, you will usually have a problem trying to shut down the engine. That is because there is diode behind the operator's seat that also gets blown out. Anyway just of couple of more things to think about, as if you didn't have enough already. Good Luck!
Let me know when you need to sell this excavator, i probably buy it.
Been there, done that. We owned a Deere 690D in the past and still have our 490D. And everyone is right about the problem being the battery relay. But do not bypass it for very long, as there are parasitic loads that will drain the battery down when it is shut down for a few days. Thats why they have a battery relay. Learned this the hard way.
Hi, i have exactly the same equipment. Does anyone happen to have the hydraulic circuit diagram for EX200-1? Thx
or maybe can help me by pointing where to look for the diagram? cause i tried calling my local dealer and they dont seem like they're gonna help. Thx
I have the complete workshop manual. What section of the hyd. do you need the manual does not show a complete hyd schematic only sections.
I also agree, had the same problem with a Kobelco 220MkV super a while back and also again with a Case 9040B.