I have a leak on the lines from the joystick in my excavator. I thought it might be the o-rings in the unit, so I dug into the manual i have for a case 170 c and looked over the parts layout. I took the joystick out of the arm rest in order to find the leak, and the unit looks brand new, but has a line leaking. I was expecting to find the 4 lines as the parts manual showed , however the unt, (a monson-tyson from sweden) has 6 hoses exiting the bottom of the joystick control. I cannot find anything in my parts book that shows this many lines. I am planning on biting the bullet and replacing all of these pilot control hoses. It looks to be a pain in the rump, but i can't stand the leaks in the cab.
Drrick I am trying to identify so pilot controls that I removed off an old case excavator about to be scrapped. I could not find the model number on the excavator due to my unfamiliarity with excavators. I search thousands of picture on the internet to find a picture in a forum that matched and that guy identified his machine ad a Case 1990 model 170C so I tried to find information them about my controls to confirm they are a match. They only reference to pilot controls for this model on the entire internet is your post. Any chance you could e-mail me at [email protected] so I can send you some pictures. I realize your time is valuable but I hope it will be a quick yes or no after you see them. Thanks Brad James