Alright guys, bear with me as I’m learning as I go. I purchased a 1990 John Deere 310C backhoe and I am pretty much going over the machine and doing all of the maintenance on it due to the fact I do not have any service history on it. I have already searched in this form and couldn’t find any straight forward answers to most of the questions I have and i can’t find a service manual for it. I already changed the primary and secondary air filter, greased everything, did an oil and oil filter change, and I also changed the fuel filter. Now I want to change the hydraulic fluid and filter, change the transmission fluid, and change the reverser fluid and filter. One question I have is, where is the reverser filter located? Another question I have is if the transaxle and the transmission the same thing? Or is it different? Does the transmission have a filter? Or does it filter through the hydraulic filter? Aside from the oil dipstick I have located two more dipsticks. One of them is under the floorboard near my left foot. I will attach a pic. Which dipstick is this for? The other dipstick is located on the right side of the machine sort of behind the hydraulic reservoir tank. I will attach a picture of it as well. Which one is the reverser dipstick? Which is the transmission dipstick? Is there another dipstick for the transaxle? Where is it located? Do all of these systems take the same fluid? If so does anyone have capacity’s for these? Sorry for the dumb questions just trying to learn to take care of my machine and I don’t really know what I’m looking at. Is this pan I’m posting a picture of the reverser oil pan? I am going to add a few more photos as well maybe you guys and kind of point out what is what.
John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com