I own a 1991 Case 1845c skid steer. The right bucket tilt cylinder operates faster than the left. I rebuilt the left cylinder thinking that the cylinder was bypassing, but that did not work. My next plan of action is to pull apart the valve and check the spool and ports for blockage or damage! Does anyone have any other suggestions of anything else that I should possibly looking at?
Check for a collapsed inner liner or pinched hose. The cylinders are connected and neutralized before the valve, therefore they should equalize. Happy thanksgiving.
how do you know that it's faster. two cyld's plumbed in parallel don't all ways extend/retract evenly
I agree, is this with the bucket off? An ounce more resistance will make one cylinder stop and the other one move until it has more resistance such as at the end of the stroke. With the bucket or quick attach frame attached to both cylinders, the cylinders should equalize regardless. If they don't, I'd suspect a bent cylinder rod or something that was seriously holding the cylinder from moving. Not sure if a frozen pin could cause it or not but if I recall, there aren't as many grease fittings on an 1845C as there are on other skid steers.
the coupler's were very weak with just about a 2"piece of pipe between them that was always twisting especially when some body hooked a chain around it or did not get hooked up to both sides of the coupler and one side came loose
I know this is an old post but as it was bumped to today thought I'd add my thoughts. Agree with others here it would be rare that two cylinders would react the same if not connected to something solid. You take two rebuilt Cat tilt cylinders on say a 980G and hook the hoses to them and one will almost always move before the other. On an 1845C I don't see how the control valve could have any effect on which one moves first or fastest as there is one line from the valve up to a tee on the boom where the oil splits off to the other cylinder. Now if the tube going to the slower cylinder has been crushed or the hose from the tube to the cylinder is damaged inside like others have suggested that could cause the problem, if there is really a problem to begin with!
Thank you for your suggestions! Originally the skid steer was lent out, and while out, i recieved a call saying the skid steer was broken. when i picked it up, the cross member between the tilt cylinders was broken! I fabricated new pieces then welded them up. I reinstalled the cross member and tried it out. even with the cross member fixed and reinstalled, the cylinders were operating at different speeds. That's when i rebuilt the slower cylinder thinking that it was bypassing. I"ve also replaced all 4 hoses to both of the cylinders. i thought maybe there was a couterbalance valve or a proportioning valve for the cylinders. I agree that two same cylinders won"t operate the same and that some kind of resistance will balance them out, but even with resistance, yhey still operate at different speeds. I bought the skid steer as part of a package deal and am trying to fix up the skid steer, but it is so dirty down inside the engine and controls compartment, I couldn"t trace all the lines> my next plan of action is to clean out the machine to see if i find anything. I will look for a colapsed line or hose, or maybe a line or hose that maybe losing flow due to a leak. I see oil on the dirt in the bottom of the engine compartment but cant see where its coming from. Once again, thank you for your replies. I will repost with what I find once the machine is cleaned out and I investigate further.
I'm having the same problem. The cross member twists and ends up breaking the welds. I too rebuilt the cylinders without any change. It works fine when hooked to an implement. It's tricky to get hooked up when the cross member flexes causing the quick connect plate misalignment.