I just bought a 1991 link belt excavator. The problem I have is the main boom and stick boom controls are on the wrong side any ideas what's the best way to change them from side to side? Thank you for the help Chuck
Sounds like the old Cat controls/JD controls ordeal.Some machines had a switch to change them over.It really doesn't take too long to learn to run it the way it is and you might even like it better.Ron G
The only problem with that is I run em at work the other way, pretty hard for this old dog to learn that trick.
I don't think they had a valve to change them back then so you will have to swap pilot lines around
You can do it......I have worked with a Cat 215 and a John Deere 510 for the same company and many times have loaded topsoil with an JD 190 for example and everything else I ran had the Cat configuration.I confess that I went to one contractor that had an Hitachi 200 or so and had it set up with the JD pattern and it took me a few days to get it down so that I could hold a grade digging a celler hole but it can be done. It seems silly but the trick is to not think about it and your body will adjust before too long.One of the problems I had with the Hitachi guy was the boss thought he was the worlds best operator and after he saw my dozer work he watched me like a hawk on my other work trying to see me fail and that made me nervous too but it can be done.That link belt very likely was changed because it didn't come from the factory that way and I am sure that it could be put back to original again if you go that route.I swear that the JD pattern is more intuitive once you get used to it.Good luck,Ron G PS That Link Belt may have a T handle like a throttle cable behind the seat to disable the swing brake so if yours does not work or you want to disable it that is one place to look.I ran a 2250 and a 2800 for years and I am sure that the 2800 had it and maybe the 2250 too.
Swap the pilot lines around, not too hard. I disagree with the other guys on the postern. As someone that runs deere controls and gets put on cat control machines sometimes, it just makes your job harder. I can run cat controls, but if something makes more sense to you, run it.