Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 IT28B fuel in transmission Help

Dwan Hall ยท 2012-11-09 03:10

Just bought a IT28B (1HF02511) from our city. someone had filled the trans with diesel twice so the city decided to get rid of it. Cat says the trans needs replaced but so far I have found nothing wrong with it. By the way the person responsible is looking for a new job. Any ideas what I should be looking for? Trans fluid has been changed both times shortly after the mistake. Question can any one tell me how much diesel can be added to the trans tank if it had the properly amount of trans fluid was in it to begin with before the fuel nozzle would shout off? This machine only has 3345 hours on it.

Replies2
  1. #1Bob/Ont2012-11-09 12:14
  2. #2Dwan Hall2012-11-10 01:10

    Thanks Bob update, looks like the city also installed a new motor 800 hours ago. so there is 3637 hours on it total and 800 hours on the motor. I got the complete file with it which shows they have paid $71254.00 in maintenance over the life of the machine. which is close to $20.00 per hour. I hope I can run it for a lot less. I got 3 sample bottles today Ill take samples then change the fluid and run it for the 40 hours then sample again.