Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 EX60 URG hydraulic issues works then practically stops

Tomco · 2022-09-27 19:37

Hi all wee the repair to the final drive has gone well, no leaks, but what I thought was associated issue obviously isn't Here's the problem, cold start everything seems to operate as it should 5 mins in and the fun begins, there seems to be an issue with the hydraulics, where I tend to loose hydraulic power, this is not the engine bogging down , the easiest way to describe it , I cannot slew the machine or its incredibly slow MM at a time , if I lower the engine speed back to idle it comes back to life, its the same with the track motors and everything else, This had been going on for a while now and I related it to low oil perhaps due to to the track motor leak , so much for my ideas. seems that at times under full power it tends to work then just stops , so I need to idle the machine give everything a jiggle on the stick and we can increase power again . Does anyone have any ideas, its a great little machine a bugger to get into because its so small just wondering what to do next , it has pressure as cold its ok this slow everything down and its ok seems to me a possible relief valve any help would be appreciated, keep on diggin Tommy

Replies7
  1. #1Tomco2022-09-28 00:08

    So just out of curiosity I gave the machine a run and yep cold it all works perfectly 10-15 min in and the hydraulics seem to stop until I idle it down and then everything comes back again but goes out again when I power back up past 25 %

  2. #2ebaikie2022-09-28 11:24

    It could be the flex coupling between the engine and the hydraulic pump, or spun pump shaft splines. Spins under load, catches again at idle.

  3. #3Tomco2022-09-28 19:33

    sort of ruled that out as it only does it when its had about 15 mins work never does it from start up cold and I can work it hard on start up and it doesn't seem to have an issue, its almost like a relief valve sort of thing ,Im not sure but we will find it somehow

  4. #4Deere tech2022-09-28 22:04

    Sounds like your right about it being hydraulic pressure related. It would be nice to know what the pressure is when cold and then when hot. I do have an oddball of a thought. Maybe the alternator is overcharging and the controller is shutting down at the voltage spikes to protect itself.

  5. #5Tomco2022-09-29 02:02

    UPDATE: Not sure how correct this is but I was told it sounds like the gear pump is worm and cavitation is the issue , just wondered if anyone might have any ideas , regards Tom

  6. #6Tomco2022-09-29 08:23

    Just realized we used a 68 grade oil when it should be 46 wonder if thats been the issue perhaps

  7. #7Diesel Dave2022-09-29 20:44

    It sounds like intermittent hydraulic pump valve plate to cylinder head separation (lift). Deere 892D’s were famous for that. Would lose one pump completely, idle engine down for 5-10 seconds and then back to full throttle and voila performance would come back like nothing happened…until the next time. Back in the day the parts dept always had 2 cylinder heads and valve plates on the shelf. A pressure test is the way to go.