Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 JCB 214

masemer58 · 2023-04-22 10:04

I a 1994 JCB 214 backhoe that's been sitting for 5 years and I can't get it to Prime to fire I know that they have a lot of problems with the relays but I bypassed all those and for some reason I cannot get the injectors to Prime a little help

Replies13
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-04-22 20:43

    U have to have 12v to the fuel shut off solenoid on the inj pump. Just run a hot wire from the battery to the sol.. u should hear/feel it click.. Then use the hand primer to get fuel up to the inj pump inlet.. Loosen the STEEL LINES AT THE BACK OF THE PUMP a couple of turns and crank the engine.. “IF” u get fuel at the back of the pump, tighten the lines and loosen then AT THE INJECTORS and crank the engine until u get fuel there and tighten.. BUT.. experience says it’ll never get fuel to any of those places because it sat and the insides of the pump and injectors are stuck..

  2. #2masemer582023-04-23 01:15

    So if you think they're stuck do I take the plate off the end of the injector pump and clean it and then put it back on

  3. #3masemer582023-04-23 01:16

    By the way thank you for all your help

  4. #4masemer582023-04-23 01:17

    Thank you for all your help

  5. #5thepumpguysc2023-04-23 09:52

    U DO NOT want to pull any of that pump apart.!! There r so many tiny springs inside that pump, it’s not even funny.!! Just time the engine and pull the pump as a unit.. U have to access the front of the pump to release it from the drive gear.. The last couple of jcb’s I did, u had to have a special socket to unscrew a 3 sided plug inorder to gain access to the pump drive..

  6. #6masemer582023-04-23 16:24

    Well how do I bleed the pump without having to take it apart that's what I don't know

  7. #7masemer582023-04-23 16:26

    So if everything is stuck inside do I take the whole pump off I know I'm supposed to put it at top dead center on cylinder one and then pull the pump if that's right

  8. #8masemer582023-04-23 16:27

    I'm talking from stupidity I'm just asking because I don't know how to clean the pump out soon taking it apart or taking it off and then taking it apart would be the right way to do it. I've had other diesel engines that have sat and not had this problem.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2023-04-23 17:04

    U bleed the pump by loosening the lines AT THE INJECTORS.. and letting the air escape thru the lines.. BUT.. seeing it sat so long, taking the lines loose AT THE PUMP will save your starter from burning up.. cuz it ain’t gonna pump fuel.. U better get a manual because I don’t think it times at tdc..

  10. #10masemer582023-04-23 22:42

    Thank you I'm trying to get the manual now I appreciate the help

  11. #11thepumpguysc2023-04-24 02:02

    If u could post a pic or two of the pump and the front of the pump.. I might be able to help further.. Or send them to my home email.. it’s my screen name at aoldotcom..

  12. #12masemer582023-04-25 10:22

    I'll try to send you pictures I'm going to take some today

  13. #13thepumpguysc2023-04-25 13:43

    10-4..