Hi, New to the forum and was curious if anyone has ran into an issue removing, or freeing a seized foot throttle/pedal for a 94 JCB 214 Sitemaster 4x4 extend-a-hoe. I have had the JCB for a while now and the pedal has always been "sticky". At first you would have to lift up with the top of your foot to have it decelerate, lately its been so bad that I only use the hand throttle to the hoe. Which can be an issue if trying to use the bucket ha ha. So I removed the key on the out side of the pin, and cant for the life of me get it free, any tricks or tips? I have it removed from the throttle cable already, and I have diagnosed that its in fact the pedal itself not the throttle cable. In the photo with he pedal arm you can see the pedal and spring, the spring is messed up from me prying, but I have a replacement. Everything in the photo needs to got RIGHT. The other photo is of where i removed the key off the end of the shaft, and have tried pounding it through, but no dice. I have tried penetrate lube Pounding on the end of the pin Prying Heat Pulling...yes pulling with a come along...literally. Any help would be great and thanks ahead of time!!
Fixed! Secret was to use the big guns/torch heat (I was using a hand help propane), paired with an air chisel. Once removed I sanded the shaft, and rat tailed the casing, re-greased, and new 5.00 spring...good as new. It is like a whole new machine!! I was using the hand throttle for everything, and basically couldn't use the bucket, steer, and drive very successfully.