Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 JD410D ELECTRICAL ISSUES

Brent4834 · 2023-12-01 17:55

After I turn on the machine, the lights, turn signals, dome light, heater blower, windshield wipers, tachometer, and front bucket level switch do not work. If I quickly turn the ignition switch off and on, It sometimes brings back the tachometer and the front bucket level switch.efore Most times the machine has to be run for a long period of time before the accessories will come on. Often I will lose all accessories again when I turn on the lights or step on the brakes. Not sure where to start. Acts like a short. Could it be the accessory relay? Anyone with experience with this issue?

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-12-01 20:23

    Welcome to HEF Brent . What’s the battery voltage after startup ? The accessory relay powers up all the circuits you described. Sounds like poor wiring or loose connections supplying or at the accessory relay or the actual accessory relay itself cant handle the current. Check wire B11 RED at the starter battery cable connection , and the 2 large terminals at the accessory relay. If the connections prove OK , jump across the 2 large accessory relay terminals and see if are able to maintain all the accessory’s ,lights, brake lights , tach etc.

  2. #2Brent48342023-12-02 16:15

    Diesel Dave, thank you for the advice. I checked the wiring and there were not any loose connections. Jumping across the relay terminals, everything worked. I will go to JD on Monday and get a new accessory relay. Thanks again.