Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 kobelco sk200 no power

Dieselmech924 ยท 2014-10-29 12:00

I have a sk200 that will not throttle up while working. Machine will die out while digging and even crawling up minor incline. Changed fuel filter and some dry rotted lines looking for some input

Replies6
  1. #1Mike L2014-10-29 12:07

    Have you checked the air filter or the turbo? It may be an air problem not a fuel problem. Is it a cummins 6bt?

  2. #2Dieselmech9242014-10-29 12:23

    I've replaced the air filter and the rubber hose going from the turbo to the air filter housing. I checked the turbo fins and bearing play. I didn't see anything wrong and there was no play. It's a Mitsubishi 6 cyl

  3. #3Mike L2014-10-29 14:13

    Does it throttle up and run fine if your not working? I wonder if it's a hydraulic issue and not an engine issue.

  4. #4Dieselmech9242014-10-29 14:23

    It does throttle up if it's just sitting there I contacted kobelco and asked if there were any hydraulic sensor controlled the throttle and he said the cpu controlled the throttle by reading the hydraulic readings and this is were I'm kinda stuck. The dealer has been no real help

  5. #5Mike L2014-10-29 16:44

    When you talk about the Hyd sensor do you mean like the auto throttle where it will go to idle after 10 seconds or so of not moving and kick throttle up as soon as you move a joystick? If your machine has that feature I'd be checking that sensor.

  6. #6Dieselmech9242014-10-29 17:12

    Yes that sensor I don't know the name of it but the dealer told me the CPU is most likely the cause but I'll to order that sensor