Hi everyone, I am having shifting issues with my A25 rock truck. What it does is that it upshifts and downshifts in every gear without slipping but it shifts so hard that it either swings me backward or forward in the seat. I'm sure I'll be due for back surgery if I don't fix this problem. I recently bought this truck and it had been sitting for a year. Did complete service and changed all oils and filters. I hope someone can give a hint as to what to look for. Thanks )
Hi sometimes worn seat mounts worn cab mounts and worn articulation joints can give the impression of harsh shifting problems ,check these areas first. there are different versions of the A25C so a serial number will help give correct information ,for instance ther are different type of connections on the load sensor wiring. if you have access to the contronics service display you can check the operation of the load sensor on the display. If you have the overhead information display option ,are there any error codes shown? The easiest thing to check is the load sensor mounting ,adjustment and electrical condition as it is mounted on the fuel pump .This adjustment has an influence on the transmission modulating pressure ,which if incorrect can give harsh shifting and other problems here is a procedure to do a basic check on the load sensor
Mark250 Thank you so much, that is very good information and I will check that out as recommended. Working with it today I noticed that when I am pulling loaded the transmission shifts very well and softly, it is only when returning empty or downhill loaded when not in pull. This is a 1994, I dont have any electronic display. Serial number is : A25V8584
Did you ever find the issue?
Did you ever sort your issue out i have the same issue, im going to look at this tomorrow thank you
Sorry to tag along, I have a a25c with the flat connector on the load sensor, Ive hooked up the ohmmeter to it and get around 700k, new one is about $2000 so want to make sure this is my issue. Truck will not shift into gear at all. Will the load sensor prevent that from happening? Thanks
How much?! We're about a third of that price for a new one over here.
Ya $1911 CAD. 2-3 days to get here (Toronto area) pm me if you could