Hi, I have a 1995 Genie S-60 Boom, serial number 785. Purchased about a month ago and I have been repairing the various issues. Currently I'm looking at the platform Aux power control. Aux power works fine for all functions at the ground control box but not at the platform. When I hold down the Aux toggle at the platform control panel, the hydraulic pump starts and runs. No controls work though. Boom up\down, platform left or right, up or down. Nothing. There is a corresponding change in the Hydraulic pump noise similar to the ground control when I try to move the boom, but still no movement. Looking for suggestions. Thanks
I did a bit more troubleshooting and did find that the basket pivot actually works on AUX as well as basket tilt. Boom up, boom down, boom left or right don't work. Also extending the boom does not work. It's like there's not enough hydraulic power. At first I was thinking it might be something with the joy stick, but with two different joy sticks showing the same symptoms, I'm not so sure. All platform and ground control functions work fine when powering via gas. All aux functions work fine on ground control. any help out there?
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issues
Ran into this issue recently. I don't know what years this applies to, but you can install a relay in the ground control box to boost voltage to the platform. There is a 12 pin Deutsch connector that is mostly capped off. IIRC, there is a jumper from pin 4 to pin 5 and pin 6 to pin 7. Pin 4 is used to latch the relay,(goes to pin 86) and pin 5 (goes to pin 87) is the actual power to the relay. Power is sourced from, IIRC, the inside terminal of the top breaker (goes to pin 30), and ground (pin 85) can be sources from pin 12 of the 12 pin connector. Don't touch the jumper from pin 6 to 7. Different machines have different variations of this, and some do not have the 12 pin connector. The foot switch can also cause a voltage loss, that will cause problems as well. You can install a new footswitch to fix that. You can also buy only the microswitch in the foot switch for WAY less. There is also the possibility of installing a relay in the platform control box, so that rather than the power going through the foot switch and having the potential for a voltage loss in the footswitch, the footswitch is used to control the relay, and the actual power flows through the relay.