Does anybody have a good number for the seal on the transfer case output shaft that I could cross? Had a u-joint go out on our old beater, and figured since it was all oily, I'd change the seal since I had the driveshaft off. Picked up joints and a seal, went to change today and the joints were both wrong. Trip to town, drag the parts guy up to get the right ones, back to shop, and installed new joints in shaft. Dug the old seal out, went to put the new one in, and that was the end of the day.
The pickup is 1995 GMC 1500, 4x4 extended cab shortbox, 350 auto.
My book stops at 90, CR18992 1.886 id x 2.700 od x .550 wide. Did you look on Rock auto? Ed
I snooped around on Rock Auto. Have to go under the transmission link to find a seal, it looks like the same one I dug out.
I just bought a 95 Chevy it needs the seal but i also noticed the drive shaft had been worked on and some one put it together wrong. I hope to cut it apart this week.