Hello all, I am helping a neighbor who has a 1995 Michigan Volvo L50 loader. I got the machine running (replaced the ignition switch), I found the gauges were not working either and found relay RE1 defective. Replaced the relay and gauges seem to be working. The problem I’m having is the alternator is not charging the batteries and the machine needs to be jump started. If batteries are fully charged the machine starts up normally. Also have NO power to fuses FB 1 through 6, not sure if related and cannot find a wiring diagram. Any help is greatly appreciated.
do you have 24 volts going to the alternator? do you have a multimeter to check some voltages?
I do have 24v at the alt and yes I do have a multimeter. I am leaning towards a bad alt but not familiar with 24v systems.
If you have 24 volts going to it and its nit charging its 99 percent chance that its no good. Any good auto electric shop can bench test the alternator.
L50 with no suffix? L50B/L50C etc Serial#