Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 963b track loader blew trans hose replaced and not have no bucket function at al

mike tbo ยท 2015-01-31 21:25

I had a hose wear and leak it was the transmision I assume as when I noticed the leak the Hydrostatic oil was low. on the drivers side below the floor there is a bell housing that the HS filters are in, behind it at the base there is a 1 inch or bigger hose that goes to the back of the passenger side left just below the fuel pump its a pump the size of an old car starter. I had to jack the cab up to replace it and when finished I started it I had no bucket controls at all nothing. I thought the bucket ran on a seperate system? as the oil tank is in the front or I may have pinched a hose when I let the cab down but they are very neatly run and the cab tilted to front and it does not look like I did pinch it. My question is could I have some how lost the prime when I replaced the hose maybe the controls run on hydrostatic and there is air and it needs to bleed the air out. My thought is the controls for the bucket may run of the trans oil maybe?? help

Replies4
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-01-31 21:41

    Jack the cab up again and lower it slowly making sure the pilot hoses on the RH side of cab up under the front are not pinched off. Later Bob

  2. #2mike tbo2015-01-31 21:47

    ok will do thanks I did it by my self was not able to see everything

  3. #3mike tbo2015-02-01 18:41

    OK jacked the cab back up and no pinched hoses even with the cab up and running couldn't get the bucket to work. But I remembered I mistakenly disconnected a hose to the pump at the rear of the engine before realizing it was the wrong hose and a lot of fluid came out and I think I lost my prime from the front hydro tank. Looks like the same gear shafts run the trans fluid and on the front runs the bucket hyde fluid. Do i just let it run forever hoping the prime will come back or is there a war to blead it?? help thanks. as you see in the picture the bottom hose is what i replaced with the elbo and the larger one on the side i mistakenly disconnected and fluid ran out.

  4. #4mike tbo2015-02-01 18:44