Hi All! I'm new here, and I've recently acquired a 1996 773-C, and want to replace the sound isolation pad that is directly behind the seat. How do I remove the old one? Does the seat need to come out first? The parts manual shows some kind of clips holding the pad in place, but I can't tell how it's done or how the present ones are removed. I found a new sound pad on ebay, but there are no instructions or fasteners. Has anyone done this before? This is my second skid steer so I know a little about how they function, I had an old Case 1830 for many years, which was far simpler though still difficult to work on! Thank you all in advance! sdwest
Welcome to HEF sdwest. I haven't changed that pad on a 773 C series, don't know what holds it in there. But the seat should be easy to remove, well, unless the studs/nuts are rusted. If you raise the cab you can access the four nuts that hold the seat in place. Raise cab, take the nuts off, lower the cab, and remove the seat. One thing though, on a C series, it may have the seat switch on it. I can't remember if you have to remove it or not, been a long time since I've worked on one of those.
willie59, thanks for your reply. The seat does have a switch under there, with a connector that I can pull apart, I believe. When I get a chance, I'll remove the seat and see what can be seen. Probably should see if the Bobcat dealer can get those "clips" for me before I go to tearing the old one out, just in case! I have both service and parts manuals, but can't find anything about this job in either one.