Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 Case 580L

Big Daddy Den · 2019-10-09 06:39

Hey gang, I’m looking to see if I can change my #8 hydraulic lines to a bigger #10 line. Does anyone have any input on this? What are if any the downfalls, will the pump work harder then normal?? Will I lose power? I know I’ll have to ad hydraulic oil but just not sure if I should go ahead with this. Only doing this because I can get some hoses made up at work for free and it’s easier for the guy to make #10 hoses because he doesn’t have the right fittings for the #8... Thanks, Den

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2019-10-09 23:59

    Why not just get the right fittings? You're still going to save a bunch of money.

  2. #2Big Daddy Den2019-10-10 05:58

    You’re absolutely right I should buy the right fittings but I have an issue of being too cheap...I know...I hate it too...lol