Hi guys I am really stuck and really could use any help ideas.... I have a low hours Cat 416B just recently I have little to no power in front bucket lift. All other Hydraulics work fine. Bucket is slow when you have a load in bucket and lifting to fill dump truck. Bucket will go up and down as normal with no load in bucket, any ideas?? Thank you so much
Could be a bad seal in your cylinder
If there's a bad seal in one of the cylinders you'll have leak down, the loader will drift down ( not stay up on it's own). But I don't have an answer for you I'm just a trial and error repair guy.
There is a (what I call a shuttle valve and I forget what Cat calls it) in each section of the control valve. To text my theory bottom out the bucket and see if the loader operation improves. The O-rings on this valve is probably bad. Remove the spring housing cap on the bottom of loader lift spool and you'll see an allen head screw, remove it and replace the O-rings with the correct ones.
When raising the loader , reach back and actuate the boom crowd at the same time. If the bucket raises you have a resolver issue or the little orings Coy mentioned. There are times when the signal line to the pump comes apart inside and it won't signal the pump to stroke.
Thanks man I couldn't remember what they were called.
Hi Coy, I replaced all the Resolver o rings and two lower valves, I removed balls and blew compressed air in chambers, now I have no hydralic power at all, any help really apreciated.
The only think of is that the signal line is not sending signal to pump for some reason.
Hi Coy, Thank you for your response. What is the best way to check that line or flush it out?
The best thing I guess is to remove it and use compressed air to blow it out I'm not real sure on that.
My 416C has the same issue , I replaced all the o rings. I think my next move is to just rebuild my loader valve. I will check pressures before I do all this.