Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 cat d5c break adjuster.

Ramonsifuentes · 2023-10-24 22:46

Hello everyone. I’m new to dozers I just purchased a 1996 d5c with rippers and the left break does work but I have to press more than the right one (almost all the way in to turn). Does anyone has a diagram how to access the bolts to tight it?

Replies9
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-10-25 08:22

    In the back under the fuel tank there is a triangle cover held on with 3 bolts take it off and use a 9/16 socket to tighten up adjuster

  2. #2Ramonsifuentes2023-10-25 08:34

    Do I have to removed the batteries to assess that part?T

  3. #3Dave Neubert2023-10-25 08:37

    no just look at the back under the tank may be harder to get to with ripper on the back

  4. #4Nige2023-10-25 09:10

    Hello & welcome. Attached is the procedure for adjusting the brakes on a D5C machine, Serial Number prefix 6ZL. This may not be exactly correct but seeing as you didn't give a Serial Number I picked it out at random.

  5. #5Ramonsifuentes2023-10-25 11:36

    Serial number is 9DL01415

  6. #6Nige2023-10-25 12:24

    The procedure for your S/N is the same one I posted above.

  7. #7Ramonsifuentes2023-10-25 12:32

    Thk you

  8. #8Dave Neubert2023-10-25 16:01

    was thinking of a older D5

  9. #9Ramonsifuentes2023-10-25 18:20

    So is it under the tank or at a different place?