Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 Ford NE 555e backhoe 4×4 shuttle shift

talley · 2023-10-05 12:49

Hello, I am needing some help.. My backhoe has transmission problems! When you first crank it up and put it in gear, it drives and pull great for about 15 minutes. After that I have to turn it off wait for about 45 seconds, crank it back and go again for a while be probably only pulls for about 3 minutes after its hot.. turn it off wait again and over and over it stops pulling.. I have changed the filter and put the right fluid in it,, fluid says meets 134d standards.. What do I need to do next?

Replies11
  1. #1cosmaar12023-10-05 22:04

    What do you mean by “pulls”?

  2. #2talley2023-10-06 12:14

    Trasmission stalls out

  3. #3NH575E2023-10-06 15:32

    Are you sure it's transmission related or is the engine losing power?

  4. #4Acecadet2023-10-06 17:47

    Have you pulled the screen? 2 bolt plate right side lower transmission near bell housing. I’m thinking you may find some debris blocking the screen.

  5. #5cosmaar12023-10-06 18:53

    Is there even enough fluid on the stick to begin with? You should check it as the machine is running.

  6. #6talley2023-10-08 20:15

    There was a screen inside transmission stopped up

  7. #7talley2023-10-08 20:16

    That was it

  8. #8cosmaar12023-10-09 00:04

    Make sure you replace the o-ring.

  9. #9talley2023-10-09 09:18

    Where would the o-ring be.?

  10. #10rumblecloud2023-10-10 08:32

    Hi Talley, On an unrelated subject, could you post your serial number? Long story, but I am making a list for model year reference. Thanks in advance. R

  11. #11cosmaar12023-10-11 17:29