Critical things to understand: 1. The unit was running and the transmission shut down, engine remained idling fine. Shifter became unresponsive in forward or reverse. I suspected low voltage because this happened when my alternator died a year ago. 2. I shut it down to inspect and now it won't turn over. Dash lights up, buzzer on, but in position 3, starter is silent 3. The day before this happened I powerwashed the unit - I know, I know..... 4. I cleaned battery contacts and ground. Fluids are good. 5. I get 12v at the battery and starter. If I jump the starter at the solenoid, only the starter spins, but does not engage the flywheel. Given that the transmission stopped working first and now the solenoid isn't engaging the flywheel, is anyone still suspecting low voltage somehow. Any thoughts would be appreciated? VIN/S/N: SLP214FCXE0480325 PIN: 0480325
Oh, and the voltage from the ignition switch to the solenoid was 5v. Should it be that low?
Correction: It's a 1999
No. Could be a failed switch, a loose connection in the wire harness, or a break in the wire. On a couple of different machines I installed a new wire between the switch and solenoid because the break in the wire was inside the harness and it wasn't practical to tear the harness apart.