Hi everyone; can I swap out my 96' top kick with juice brakes and manual tranny with auto and Air brake? will my juice brake bolt up?
Bolt up to WHAT? yes, some stuff will bolt up, but are you changing axles, changing all the breaks out on the axles? what exactly are you planning to change out?
No I just want to know if my hydraulic brake assembly can take the place of the air brake setup on the firewall when I change cabs
I think we need a flow chart. I think what you are doing- for whatever reason- you are changing cabs? Lets have a breakdown of what the current set up is, and what the cab you want to swap to is. As far as I know, all the top kicks of the same era had the same cabs, there's no difference from auto to manual, aside from the hole in the floor for the shifter, and another pedal. But if you have both cabs, none of that should be a issue. It should all swap. The same with the brakes, the air brake will have a treadle valve, but if you have the old cab that is hydraulic brakes, it should all bolt right up to the cab. I think you will have more issues with the wiring, if going from gasser to diesel, in swapping all that stuff over.
Thank you, the new topkick cab came from a 3116 same as my current engine.