Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1997 Hitachi EX55-ur

jinx ยท 2017-11-11 18:52

Love this site, so much info. I need some help on the 1997 Hitachi EX55-ur with the problem that the main boom is creeping, all other functions are working. It has the option to change the lever pattern to backhoe style but it does the same there. I don't have any kind of manuals. I think I need a hyd diagram to trace the problem. This trac hoe is my grandsons and it is used to put in septic tanks and drain lines. If anyone can help me with a hyd. drawing or had this problem before. Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1ycs2017-11-12 07:04

    Seal in the cylinder checked ? Check the control valve block seal too..

  2. #2jinx2017-11-12 09:57

    yes, cylinder rings and gland seals checked good. Really can't trace the hoses to the control valve, really need a hyd. diagram. I have noticed that when it's creeping up or down if you swing it either direction the boom speeds up raising or lowering some but not like it should. Thanks for all your help.