I bought this at a auction. It won't go forward or reverse. I will go up and the steering works. When I push on the joystick to make it move I can here something trying to run then it will kill the engine I am thinking the brakes are not releasing. Any suggestions?
The machine has two hydraulic pumps, one pump controls scissor functions, steer and brake release, the other pump controls drive motors. If the scissor/steer functions work then you know the pump shaft is good because the work pump piggybacks off of the drive pump. If it loads the engine when you work the drive stick then you know the pump is at least trying to work so I'd be looking into the brake circuit. You can go to the JLG website and download the manuals for that machine, follow the wiring diagrams to check and see if you're getting a brake signal output from the drive controller, check the brake relay, and you could also check the brake solenoid valve by being on flat ground and apply a 12V jumper to the brake valve solenoid coil, see if it will now drive.
Thanks you for responding. I did what you said and applied 12 volts to the brake valve solenoid and it moves. I am going to see if I cant test the brake solenoid The only problems is it only goes forward doesn't matter if I push or pull on the joystick it goes forward. Someone has replaced the main cable going to the platform with a generic cable not the color coded one from JLG. The new cable is color coded also but not the same as the original. Thanks Also it looks like the bolt that holds the steering cylinder has sheared off. When it steers the whole cylinder moves
I am trying to figure out the wiring going to the joystick. I have the wiring diagram from JLG. The problem is the joystick has been replaced with a C Tech 287-06375. The wires are not the same as the wiring diagram from JLG. I went on the website for C Tech and requested a wiring diagram for the joystick. Has anyone ever used a joystick from C Tech
C tech has been supplying parts for a long time and makes some good stuff. You can go to jlg and follow there schematic. It will pin out the same as the ctech that way you can assign each color to its pic location on the connector.
Ok I got the wiring diagram from C tech and the one from Jlg. I have traced all 18 wires in the control box and they seem to be going to the right place. I can wire 12 volts to the brake solenoid and it will release the brakes and let the machine move. Someone has been messing with the wiring in the bottom control box . i have found wires from key switch jumped to the kill button that made the engine go to low idle instead of making the engine die. I have removed those. and it doesn't seem to affect anything. I have changed the brake relay with a new one. The brake relay has a extra wire that is not on the diagram I cut it and it didn't change anything.
Does anyone know how to read the wiring diagrams. I have one for the circuit card 0610114 But =I can't make any sense of it
Did you get any of this problems solved out? I got the same kind of problem
Mine will not move forward or reverse. When it was failing, it would only go two feet forward at a time, then stop abruptly. Where is the brake solenoid located? Thanks.
Still working to resolve this issue. Is it possible the tilt sensor will cause such problems?