Hi all, Recently I’ve discovered excess fluid in the rear differential of my 310se - appears to be leaking from the transmission to the diff. Any ideas on what seal this might be and how feasible it is to fix? Thanks in advance
Welcome to HEF Krel . Machine looks well loved ! In order of likelihood of transmission oil to transfer to rear axle. - park brake piston / seals. Park brake assy can be re-sealed in place. - diff lock piston / seals. Rear axle assy to be removed. .Park brake piston seals highlighted in parts screenshot below.
Hey Dave! What a great response, I appreciate the warm welcome and quick info! Would this tidbit of info help pin point? The parking brake comes on when trans fluid is running low. (This is all info from my the previous owner, my uncle). I’d assumed that was just a safety so you don’t do more damage. Thanks again Dave, usually when you join a forum you get yelled at for doing something wrong this is a nice change of pace. Hope you have a great day
Yelling is limited here at the hef . The park brake mounted at the rear axle input shaft is released by transmission pressure. Low trans oil level equals low trans pressure equals park brake application.
Thank you for the info Dave. You’ve given me some good trees to start barking up. I’ll report back with what I find.