Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1997 Komatsu WA180 keeps on blowing hydraulic cylinder seals

NikkiM ยท 2024-08-23 22:01

I have a 1997 Komatsu WA180 at work that I am working on,blows hydraulic cylinder seals. Story is that it has been to a couple shops being worked on before it was taken to here and one of them rebuilt the cylinder. I took the cylinder off and tore it apart finding nothing wrong with it,have a rebuild kit coming on Monday. Even checked the passages finding a little bit of dirt in one.I am suspecting a hose is bad and dirt in the system as well.A scrap yard owns it and their second loader they use. I am stumped and this scrap yard wants it right

Replies2
  1. #1Cliffy2024-08-23 22:09

    Only one cylinder failing or multiple? Anything in the filters? Relief pressure checked? Maybe set too high. Being a scrap yard id check for damage or bent rods.

  2. #2NikkiM2024-08-24 07:48

    One for the bucket.I am figuring out the relief pressure is too high.This scrap yard is not too hard on it