Hi, my 416 will not start. I don't have a manual for this machine anymore as I everything in a house fire. It does not seem to be getting any fuel as it is not even trying to fire. No smoke. It was running fine, but then it got cold. I tried to start it at -10 and it did try to start a couple times but wouldn't stay running. My fuel was good for -10, but it went down to -20 before I could get a fuel delivery out to the ranch. I put a parachute over it and a tiger torch in a stove pipe to warm it up. I was not close to a plug. I have changed the water separator and fuel filter, and put new - 30 fuel in them and in the tank, but still no start. Does anyone know where the lift (transfer) pump is located and what it looks like. The serial no. 1WR03918. Thank You Doug
possible you may water frozen in the return tubing from inj. pump to fuel storage tank, they won't if not flowing excessive fuel back to tank,, locate return tubing at inj, pump and disconnect from fitting at pump, also may to take fitting out which contains a check ball and spring,, be careful with fitting it contents GL this 60 degree weather is nice in North Carolina
I will try that. thank you. Does anyone have any photos or schematics of the fuel system that I can look at to identify each part. I did crack an injector line, and turned it over and didn't get any fuel spurting out. Although i'm by myself.
Thank you Mark250, I couldn't get the cover off because the boom was in the way so I was able to reach up to the primer from underneath the machine. I cracked the centre plug on top of the filter housing and that worked. It started and is now running with fresh winter diesel and a little howes fuel additive and new filters. Still don't know how air got in the lines. there were a few line fittings that were a little loose, maybe that was it. If your going to have issues it seems to happen when it gets cold. Thank all for helping me out.