Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1998 Cat 330BL Key switch fuse keeps blowing

ToxicTrav117 · 2024-05-28 22:48

Our 330 keeps blowing the key switch fuse. Usually, I can start it and it will blow it a couple of minutes into running it. Having an electrical schematic would help me greatly but I do not have one. I'm just confused on why it would blow after I would be able to start it. Serial Number: 6DR02467

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-05-28 22:55

    Check your messages.

  2. #2ToxicTrav1172024-05-29 00:41

    Thank you for the schematic! So I traced the key switch to the shutoff solenoid, controller, neutral start relay, hydro oil filter and switch panel fuses, main relay, and timer relay. I doubt its the shutoff solenoid since I just replaced it and it works right when I pop a fuse in to shut the machine off. How would I check the main relay or timer relay?

  3. #3Nige2024-05-29 08:12

    I wouldn’t discount it. New parts can fail at low hours. In fact if that’s the only part of the system you have touched recently I would personally look at that first, especially if the shutoff solenoid you installed was a “will fit” part.

  4. #4ToxicTrav1172024-05-29 20:59

    So one thing I noticed is every time the fuse was blowing I had the Air conditioning system on. Would that cause the key switch to blow? I noticed it does have one wire labeled power when the key switch is on. I ran the machine today with the AC off and it ran fine with no problems