Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 Bobcat 331E excavator oil cooler

ReefSmacker ยท 2025-02-13 01:16

Hello all. I'm new here and this is my first post My specific issue is that the hydraulic oil cooler is leaking. After a lot of time/work I have taken it out and taken it to a local radiator shop to get fixed. He politely said, "F@#K you're kidding. This has been fixed here, here, here and here before". Searching online has not really yielded anything helpful. It seems it is just a bit too old. So, can anybody suggest an after market option? Hopefully something physically smaller to make fitting it a bit easier! Hopefully not too expensive either... Failing that, I'm happy to go with a universal Ebay number but I do not know what size (heat dissipation capability) to get. I'm hoping someone may have already solved this problem. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Gary Layton2025-02-13 12:58

    Your chance of help is better if you supply a SN for the machine.

  2. #2ReefSmacker2025-02-13 18:54

    Thanks. Good point.. The product identification number is: *512918234* Please see attached image.

  3. #3Gary Layton2025-02-13 20:30

    No image came through.

  4. #4ReefSmacker2025-02-14 22:36

    It appears the size was too big.

  5. #5Gary Layton2025-02-15 00:45

    Looks good...that SN may help some of these guys help you.

  6. #6hotrodwon112025-03-12 18:19

    I worked at a bobcat dealer for 12 years and we would use a company called Lippert for parts on older machines. Bobcat company sells older left over parts to them. You might be able to do a search for them and get the right part.

  7. #7scottstrcking2025-03-14 09:20

    i had the same problem and after brazing it a few times i lost my controls on my toggles except for the up and down boom.the only thing i can think happened was dirt or something got in there so be carefull keep it clean