Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 Case 1845C

Thechap ยท 2010-02-25 15:19

I have a 1999 Case 1845C with about 1200 hours on it. Everything works fine on it with the exception of one thing. When you go to lower the bucket, it drops very slowly. It will lift fine and the bucket will tilt back and forwards just fine, just won't drop very fast. I called the previous owner, an elderly man who said they had to bleed something to get it to drop faster. The only problem is he couldn't remember what. Can anyone out there help me please?

Replies10
  1. #1KSSS2010-02-25 15:41

    I would check the mechanical linkage. It maybe an adjustment issue. Graham may know for certain but I cant think of anything that would need to be bled that would improve that. I am betting either the valve is not being opened all the way or the valve itself has an issue. An 1845C with 1200 hours is quite a find.

  2. #2Goose2010-02-25 18:13

    Chech your linkage and make sure the spool is moving about 3/8 inch from neutral to full lower. Do this with the engine off and the loader all the way down. Also make sure you are not stroking the lever to far and going into float position as float is slow coming downwith only gravity pushing the cylinder collapsed. There is not anything you have to bleed. There is a one way restrictor on in the control valve to slow the loader lower down to a safe speed that could be plugged if checking the linkage doent show up anything

  3. #3Thechap2010-02-25 18:33

    I have checked the linkage and everything appears to be okay. As for the float position, I don't think I am going to the float position as I have tried lowering the "boom" at different positions. What do I need to do to check to see if the valve is plugged? All help is appreciated. Many thanks.

  4. #4smokey12010-02-25 22:28

    You may have a pluged or crushed hose or an obstruction in the valve, or one of the hoses. . But there is a posibility on the air issue, and the check valve not moving out of the way. There might be a bleeder line that you can bleed the air off. It may be located at the top rear of the Hydraulic tank, above the filter. I am only saying this because I recently drained and replaced my hydraulic oil, and changed the filter, and after I started it up the loader acted real jumpy and would only drop real slow. I asked my dealer, and he told me to open the bleed line at the rear filter. That took care of it . So I have to asume it my have been the saefty check valve in the loader line. good luck.

  5. #5Goose2010-02-25 23:08

    The restrictor check is item #25 You will have to move out of the way and remove the fitting. The restrictor should be in the valve port with the slot up. We have removed the restrictor for a few operators that wanted the loader to lower real fast but most operators think it lowers plenty fast with the restrictor in the port.

  6. #6Thechap2010-02-27 07:25

    So, to get to the restrictor, there is a Hydraulic line that has to be taken off to get to the restrictor. How much fluid am I going to lose? Does the restrictor just pull out? What do I do to clean it? All the help is appreciated. Many, Many Thanks.

  7. #7Goose2010-02-27 15:37

    Raise the loader up and let down the cylinder strut and then slowly lower the loader to the strut. You can just move the line going to the valve to the side and then remove the fitting. The restrictor sets below the fitting and can be pulled out with a smal hook or pick. If there is somthing in it you will be able to tell as the hole is about 1/8 inch. The restrictor just floats between the valve and the fitting allowing full flow out of the valve to the base end of the lift cylinders in the raise and then seals to the valve making the return oil go through the hole in the lowering postion thus slowing down the cylinder. Make sure the slot in the restrictor is facing up when it is installed in the valve.

  8. #8CASE FREAK2010-03-10 19:38

    im not mechanically inclined buy it sounds like a hydrulic problem

  9. #9AESCompaniesLLC2010-03-11 10:30

    I have a 1996 Case 1845C and I had the same problem. What had happened is that the Aux. Hydraulic foot control was partially engaged. Check to make sure it is in the neutral position.

  10. #10mud_smurf2014-06-28 22:01

    can you tell me what you had to do to fix your problem thanks