Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 Chevy C8500

Customexcavating · 2023-08-31 20:55

Hello, I have acquired a 1999 Chevy C8500 dump truck and need a new turn signal/wiper switch. The item # is 19331641, but everywhere I look it is discontinued and out of stock. I can’t find any info on what might replace it or work. Anybody have any suggestions? I’ve literally searched online for days, so ebay, etc has already exhausted. Thanks, in advance.

Replies10
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-08-31 21:30

    Did you check that part number for possibility of being superseded, at 24 years old it might have been changed twice---unless that's the currant number.

  2. #2heymccall2023-08-31 21:53

    Which piece do you need, the stalk or the guts? And, picture of your stalk, if that's what you need. That number you provided won't easily cross.

  3. #3Old Doug2023-09-01 07:56

    I cant believe any thing for a Chevy would be hard to find. I will check for fun to see if anyone here can get it.

  4. #4Customexcavating2023-09-01 13:42

    I would appreciate that!

  5. #5Customexcavating2023-09-01 14:15

    I would take both if I could find them.

  6. #6heymccall2023-09-01 14:16

    The GM medium duty are a hodge-podge of early and late pickup parts, plus a few medium duty only parts. Just because the OE isn't available, and Google doesn't show an updated number or aftermarket part, doesn't mean it no longer exists. The turn signal stalk is independent of the actual turn signal switch, and, you haven't said which part you need, or provided a picture.

  7. #7heymccall2023-09-01 14:18

    A picture of the stalk, including the plug, would go a long ways. There w or w/o intermittent wipers, and there's w or w/o cruise control, plus chrome or black. As for the guts under the wheel, the one I picture above should be the same.

  8. #8heymccall2023-09-03 20:12

    Picture of mine

  9. #9Tenwheeler2023-09-03 21:16

    I used to get some stuff from Obsolete Chevrolet in Nashville Ga. Try them.

  10. #10petepilot2023-09-03 21:43

    jim price cheverolet in charlottesville va is or was a good source for older chev - gmc parts