Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 Daewoo DD80L Crawler Dozer

bandit · 2009-07-19 11:53

What do you guys think about this Dozer i can buy it for 8500.00

Replies23
  1. #1JoeinTX2009-07-23 01:37

    I've never heard much talk about the Daewoo dozers. Since they only produced them for a few years, I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing. $8500 is a nice price for a relatively newer machine like that assuming shape is good. But, my concern would be parts/support. Daewoo (now Doosan) hasn't sold those machines in years and the dealers are rather scarce. I would suspect you will be on your own wrenching on the thing and scaring up compatible replacement parts from alternative suppliers. Doosan may still stock some parts, but, I'd suspect they're pretty pricey.

  2. #2stock2009-07-23 05:58

    Does it look like this one? Price: $19,500.00 Item Number: SEC03-2516 Manufacturer: DAEWOO Manufacturer Part No: 0305

  3. #3DoosanFan2009-12-05 06:52

    I found a pdf for one a while back, and i must say that I prefer the look of the canopy, as opposed to the cab version. Looks kinda cute though, IMO.

  4. #4RentEquipment2009-12-08 15:30

    Parts/Support is no concern...Joeintx ...I work on these all the time...

  5. #5JoeinTX2009-12-08 20:17

    @Rent Good to hear. Does Doosan remain the primary parts support or have they handed it to someone else? Just curious, since you work with them, how are they really? Like I wondered above, they didn't remain on the market long and I assume that was due to overwhelming and established competition but.....?

  6. #6cherokee1012010-02-09 23:10

    Didn't see any replies on this but I have one too. Have had a water pump go out. Called Alma Tractor, gave them the SN and had a new one shipped for about $250. Doosan NA is where it came from. The engine is a Daewoo / Doosan DB58 which is a 5.9L Cummins like engine. Used all over the world and in some of the Doosan excavators and loaders now made. Hydraulics are Sunstrand as is the computer but I don't know what happens if it goes out. The potentiometer type electric over hydraulic proportional controls are available in the after market world. Tracks are supposed to be a flat track D5 equivalent from BERCO but have not looked into that since mine are in good shape and may out last me. My engine lopes a bit for some reason and I'll tackle that this next year but it runs good and pushes hard enough, is pretty stingy on fuel. Some complain that it is hard to carry a grade because the tracks are short but it works fine for me. I've done light clearing, built road, pushed off after the offroad truck, cut and clean drainage ditches and such on the farm. Kimchi lives in the barn a lot but goes to work when I ask. If anybody has any anecdotes or knows what to do if the computer goes out I'm all ears. I have a shop and parts manual I also ordered from Alma Tractor, our local Doosan dealer.

  7. #7stumpjumper832010-02-10 10:21

    The one I looked at scared me cause of the way the finals are set up, they dont have much ground clearance, 4" maybe, and stick in a foot or so to the inside of the tracks, thought they might get beat by rocks alot if it was used in rough terrain alot...

  8. #8cherokee1012010-02-10 11:01

    They are low and the bolts are exposed and I have seen the covers ripped off. I have also seen the same on other hydrostatic drive dozers. It did high center on a stump once and the housings do drag when mudbogging but I've been OK so far. I do inspect the bolts on the final housing cover plates and will keep them replaced if they wear down. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of rocks. For Joe in Tx they didn't remain on the market very long because of 9/11 and the slump that hit. Same for the Hyuandi dozer. Early models of the Daewoo had some frame problems I am told. I would feel a whole lot better if they still made these but it seems most change models so often and change components so much it doesn't matter much after 4 or 5 years when searching for parts.

  9. #9cherokee1012010-04-25 15:19

    Howdy. Any truth as to the track group being D-5 flat track equivalent? I don't need tracks now but will one day. Also, my engine lopes a bit. Any idea why? Ever had a computer go bad? Can they be replaced? How about the steering controls? My tach and hour meter quit, probably a lose wire but it doesn't seem to be in the dash.

  10. #10cherokee1012017-09-24 23:30

    Do you still see the DD80L anymore and can one still get parts for it?

  11. #11Eduarguerre2022-09-04 01:32

    Naciones Unidas

  12. #12Eduarguerre2022-09-04 01:34

    Mi amigo estimado un gusto soy de Eduardo y tengo una makina de estas. Tengo inconvenientes en encontrar siervos repuestos como . Catalina o segmentos cadena Ya q no es muy comun la makina y no se De que otra makina le podría dar.. Si sabe algo me ayudaría cualkier información

  13. #13Eduarguerre2022-09-04 01:37

    Me ayudaría de mucho si pudiera encontrar todo lo relacionado con el control de la makina ya que no tiene lo electronico

  14. #14Eduarguerre2022-09-04 01:39

    si alguien me puede ayudar les dejo mi numero celular me escriben al WhatsApp...# +593990510545

  15. #15cherokee1012022-09-04 02:32

    Most of us don't speak Spanish. I don't have a clue what you've said.

  16. #16CM19952022-09-04 18:37

    Welcome to the Forums Ed. Glad to have you. The official language here on HEF is English and all posts must be in English. There are many free translator apps on Google that work well.

  17. #17Eduarguerre2022-09-08 00:35

    My friend considered it a pleasure I belong to Eduardo and I have one of these machines. I'm having trouble finding spare minions like . Catalina or segments string Since the machine is not very common and I don't know That another makina could give him .. If you know anything, any information would help me.

  18. #18Eduarguerre2022-09-08 00:36

    My friend considered it a pleasure I belong to Eduardo and I have one of these machines. I'm having trouble finding spare minions like . Catalina or segments string Since the machine is not very common and I don't know That another makina could give him .. If you know anything, any information would help me.

  19. #19Eduarguerre2022-09-08 00:42

    It would help me a lot if I could find everything related to the control of the DD80L tractor since it does not have the electronics

  20. #20Eduarguerre2022-09-08 00:43

    It would help me a lot if I could find everything related to the control of the DD80L tractor since it does not have the electronics

  21. #21Eduarguerre2022-09-08 00:46

    if someone can help me I leave you my cell phone number write me to WhatsApp...# +593990510545 I'm from Ecuador I urgently need the pinwheels or segments

  22. #22Eduarguerre2022-09-08 00:48

    si alguien me puede ayudar te dejo mi numero de celular escríbeme al WhatsApp...# +593990510545 soy de Ecuador Necesito urgente los molinetes o segmentos if someone can help me I leave you my cell phone number write me to WhatsApp...# +593990510545 I'm from Ecuador I urgently need the pinwheels or segments

  23. #23Eduarguerre2022-09-08 00:51