I am working on an older Genie S-45, previously before I resealed the rotator (it was pouring oil from the base), the rotate left function did not work, but the JIB Boom up still worked when you activated the rotate left. Ended up resealing the rotator and I bleed the right and left functions at the rotator, but still does not work going left. Verified i am getting pressure out of the main manifold block when I am using the rotate left function but at the JIB manifold Block at the end of the main boom is where I no longer have pressure (I am testing pressure without a gauge right now so when i say there is pressure i just mean the hydraulic line visibly moves). I ended up taking the two valves off at the JIB manifold to swap them, but found out they were two different sizes so I reinstalled them. However, now looking at the parts book for the lift it shows the two valves being similar (one says long the other short however, the longer one I took out of the JIB manifold had a second valve body on it, I'll include an example of it as the last image), which the ones GENIE is showing on their catalogue does not have. Does anyone have any idea if the valve was replaced with an incorrect one or is the genie catalogue incorrect? I'll also include some diagrams from the service manual, below the valve images.
I have a friend who bought one of those used. The basket quit rotating so he took the "rotator, thing that looks like a hydraulic motor" off and had it rebuilt. It still did not work so he asked me to come look at it. (I don't know anything about these by the way) I figured on it for a while and asked him to work the controls from the basket. I stood at the manifold and saw which line torqued up and found the valve. Not knowing really what it was but suspecting it was a valve, I asked him if he wanted to take it out. He said yes, it's no good like it is. So as I pulled it out I saw an o ring broken. I said "I have found the problem" . We put new o rings on it and it still works perfectly. He let me use it for a month! Anyway, that's my story. I hope it helps. I suspect all the o rings in that manifold need to be replaced.
I ended up taking the valves out at the main manifold and swapping them( O-rings looked fine), but the problem did not switch functions so, I am assuming the problem is in the jib boom manifold but I have to wait for a hydraulic gauge set up and time to look at the machine again. I also really need to know the correct valves for that jib boom manifold as the rotator functions run though it.
Updating this, finally got a new valve in for the jib boom manifold, someone at some point in time replaced one of the valves in the jib boom manifold block with the incorrect valve. With a new, correct valve the rotator function works now.