Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 hitatchi ex200lc-5 making crazy noise

Rami Abusafeyeh ยท 2020-03-17 21:50

Hey everyone I need some help can anyone help me identify the component creating this noise for me and the remedy I have 1999 Hitachi ex200lc-5 I have put a link to a youtube video so you can hear the noise it makes my skin crawl when I hear it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2020-03-18 03:02

    Good day If it is only on the arm I suggest you split the arm cylinder and inspect Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Bls repair2020-03-18 09:46

    Which control causes it

  3. #3dozr2020-03-18 15:36

    should be ease enought to find do one thing at a time by picture could be bucket cyl boom or stick do one at time should find where to start,or keep ruing what take long dont sound like.

  4. #4BigWrench552020-03-18 17:35

    There is a hose mounted on each pump that is dead headed and secured to a mount. I would check to see if one had broke loose from the mount or the mount is loose. That's what it sounds like to me.

  5. #5joeblow2020-03-19 15:00

    We had this problem with the dash 1 when we replaced a pilot hose with a regular hydraulic hose it would make the most god awful sound when you used that function.When we replaced that hose with a synflex hose (all pilot lines are synflex) the noise went away.Also check the steel lines running up the boom that the clamps are tight.I had one service call where a guy had that same noise and I found he had laid his track shovel on top of the steel lines going to boom by the swing reducer. It only cost him $500 for me to tell him that.

  6. #6Rami Abusafeyeh2020-03-22 15:09

    Hey thanks for the help. So it does it when swinging the arm in or out more so when digging in harder ground i moved some loose dirt around this morning and it didnt choke up on me so I checked the lines up the boom 1 seems to have pulled about and inch and is leaking at the hard line that feeds the cylinder. I am going to replace it this week, question did you go to the dealer for the lines or get some made? I am considering replacing all the lines given that the machine is 21 years old and they are more than likely original lines.

  7. #7Rami Abusafeyeh2020-03-22 15:31

    Also if anybody can help me find hydraulic schematic for this machine I asked the dealer here Wajax and they dont want to give it to me apparently.