Can anybody tell me how the correct way to change the A/C belt (serpentine) on a DT466 on a 1999 IH 4700. Mine broke and I got to replace it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bubba
I apologize for asking such a DUMB question. It was so simple to change I think my 7 year old granddaughter could have done it. WOW But jsut in case somebody is as DUMB as me I will tell you. Just slip the belt over the fan one blade at a time then place the belt on the fan pulley and use a 1/2 inch drive ratchet on the belt tensioner and slip the belt under the tennsioner and then place the belt over the compressor pulley and release the ratchet on the belt tensioner. Takes about 5 minutes. It took longer to log on the crank this computer up and log on the HEF and type this message than putting the belt on.