Well, after spending a whole 3 days on this forum I already own a Mitsubishi FL! I never thought we'd own a forklift. Kind of overkill for the 3-4 times a year we need it, but it will save us lots of work. It's an 1999 FGC25K, 5k lbs, 10k hours, triple mast, 1 owner and serviced regularly by the dealer we bought it from. He swore it was a great unit. Sure seems nice enough. For the time being we will need to store this outdoors in the Midwest winter. Do we need to do anything other than cover it? One fellow mentioned taking the propane indoors but that seems unnecessary to me, we used to heat our shop with LP and that was obbviously outdoors all the time. Anything else I should know?
Check the anti freeze concentration. Don't want the first winter to split the block wide open if the water freezes inside.
I'm also in the Midwest. Some equipment is stored inside, some outside. I use AW32 hydraulic fluid, non foaming & yellow safe in all my equipment.. I just picked up a used Hyster 155XL yesterday. You just never know what kind of fluids people put into used equipment. To be safe I like to drain it all..
Thanks both of you. Everything was checked at the time of sale so I think we're good. The anti-freeze is up to date.
Pull the battery out and keep a maintainer charger on it. If the battery gets low on charge, it can freeze, and then its toast. I keep all of my batteries hooked to maintainers, they're much cheaper than replacing a battery. $20 vs $70+. I'm also in the midwest where it can get quite cold, -20F at times.
I am not an LP expert by any means. I don't think you have to put your tank indoors, but with a cold engine your vaporizor can't do it's job as well. I would think that a warm tank would make it easier to get it started. Also makes it harder to steal! If you don't put it indoors make sure to turn the valve off so the tank doesn't leak down. And always open it fully when in use, otherwise it could freeze up. ISZ