Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2 CTL on 1 trailer

TorontoGuy · 2024-01-19 00:42

I am seeing these 40ft long C Diamond tri axle trailers that can handle almost 10 tons Theoretically 2 Deere 317Gs are light enough and can fit on the bed or a 317G and a E26 But for the life of me I don’t see much online on hauling multiple machines. I would think people in rental business would be doing this saving a few trips

Replies7
  1. #1KSSS2024-01-19 00:59

    I have a Diamond C 35' tandem axle. I have a capacity of 18.5K. I put heavier rated tires on it and I can carry about 19K. I would think that a three axle would have an even higher rated capacity then 20K. I know that if you put 17.5's a tandem axle you can get close to 30K if I remember correctly. I really like the Diamond C gooseneck trailers.

  2. #2TorontoGuy2024-01-19 01:02

    Have you tried putting on 2 machines? Would there be balance issues if you distribute the weight unevenly like putting machines back to back where all the engine weight is in the middle of the trailer

  3. #3KSSS2024-01-19 01:15

    I often load it with two machines. Frequently a 7K ton twin drum rolller and a either a wheeled skid steer (SV340 it weighs about 9K or the TV450B which weighs about 11K ). I have also put the SV340 and a TV450B on the same trailer. I put the lighter machine upfront and the heavier machine on the back, which tends to sit either directly on top of the tandems. I load the machines front to back. Hauling the wheeled SSL and the CTL at the same time puts me a bit over rated operating capacity. Together they weigh about 20K. I pull it with a '20 Chevy DRW 3500. I have never had any balance issues. The trailer is pretty outstanding.

  4. #4MG842024-01-20 08:24

    Never have hauled two skid steers at once, but I often haul my Kubota SVL65 and U35 together.

  5. #5TorontoGuy2024-01-20 08:58

    Looks like you used every inch of that trailer

  6. #6MG842024-01-20 09:47

    Yep, it’s a 25’ trailer, 22,000gvwr. It tows good, often I’ll have the skid steer grapple or second bucket on the truck as well.

  7. #7KSSS2024-01-20 10:09

    Here is a 370B and a 450B on the 35' Diamond C.