I recently bought a bucket for my 310D, I measured between the pin bosses to make sure the dipper stick would fit but did not measure the pin holes, paid the man loaded it on the truck and took it home set it in the shop and ordered new pins and bushings for the bottom of the dipper put those in when they arrived, drug the new bucket out of the shop to put it on the hoe then came the surprise the pin holes in the bucket were 2 inch. Does anyone know if there is bushings available to solve my problem or the next best solution. Thanks in advance and have a merry christmas
I'm not exactly sure what size your looking for. OD? X ID? X L? I bought some from these guys. http://www.cylinderservices.net/store/#!/Hardened-Steel-Bushings-INCH-Sizes/c/8329233/offset=0&sort=nameAsc
pin hole in bucket I bought is 2 inch ( I think this bucket probably came off a smaller excavator ) bucket pin on JD 310D is 1 3/4 inches so I need to bush the pin hole from 2 in to 1 3/4 in
This should get you in the ballpark: https://www.baumhydraulics.com/home.php?cat=367&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=7 They're Vogelsang split bushings, or the same as.
A 2 inch "outer" bushing should have a 1 3/4 inch inner.
Thanks lantraxco and hooked on diesel all the 2 inch bushings I found were 1/4 in wall thickness it looks likes Baum hydraulics is what I've been looking for. Thanks for the help it is greatly appreciated. You guys are the best. Thanks again
When you get the bushings, try them in the hole before you clean it out. If it seems like it will go in reasonably easy, don't clean the hole too much. Put the bushings in the freezer overnight before you put them in. That way they should be tight enough to stay in. Also, finding a bushing driver to install them would be best. An ⅛" thickness bushing might be a bit "delicate" for lack of a better word.
The split bushings are actually made of a sort of a hardened spring steel, they're a bit oversize and you just drive them in. The split allows them to flex a bit and go into the hole and the spring tension holds them in place. Of course you have to have a washer or pin to keep them from drifting out. If they're too tight for the pin just drive them back out and do a bit of sanding on the OD of the bucket ear until the pin slips in with the bushings in place. Yeah, an 1/8" wall hard bushing would be near impossible to manufacture let alone install, that's why you can't easily find any hardened and ground steel bushings with less than a 3/16" wall minimum usually.
Most bushings around here "TSC and PrincesAuto" all have 1/8th walls, as long as their greased well, they should last a couple of years depending on the use of your machine.