Anyone got pics of a 200 size hoe on a tag trailer?
Here ya go!
Thanks Wawrecker. What's it like pullin that thing.
With White knuckles I'd think .
Seems like an awful lot of weight on the pintle hook, what size hook do you run? It does look fine on the trailer though. Seems like with a longer trailer you could take some weight off the hook.
I might own it but I want no part of driving that combination! Pretty hard to beat a 200 on a tilt deck with 45' of vertical working reach that we drag behind the roll-off.
Have you ever been through DOT with that set up?
Wawrecker. What do you mean by it's hard to beat a 200 on a tilt deck and how come you don't want any part in driving it?
We have bridge law here so that wouldn't help. Only allowed 42,500 on the trailer axle spread. But that means they must have about 20,000+ on the hook. Wawrecker that looks like a TRD-54, does it have the 17.5 tires? For everyone else, if it is a TRD-54 with the 17.5 tires it is rated for a 53,950 load. Thats if you can move it around enough to meet bridge. Also you see a lot of 200's on a tri-axle like this around here. And a lot of 120-160's on a tandem axle trailer like this. Most I have ever hauled on our TRD-50 tri-axle is about 44,000 or so. But normally about 26-30,000 as we don't own anything anymore thats heavier than our 928G, CS563, or 490D.
225 on a tag here you go guy's, just the hoe weighs 54,000 lbs. it is always fun. mostly just move it locally around here.
Wow thanks for the pics. Now you can't tell me that's not a little sketchy.
sketchy?? desperate times call for desperate measures, what can i say?? it is really not that bad, especially in the winter. lol
Is it legal? What is the trailer rated for??
Colorado Digger, Dig you get that leaking hub seal fixed?
Its legal in Colorado with that short tri-axle. AXLE WEIGHT LIMITATIONS C.R.S. 42-4-507 A single axle shall not exceed 20,000 pounds (9,072 kg). Tandem axles shall not exceed 36,000 pounds (16,330 kg), 40,000 pounds (18,144 kg) non-interstate. Tridem axles shall not exceed 54,000 pounds (24,490 kg).
To get a bigger excavator means having to invest at a minimum $60-$100k in a used tractor and lowboy that wont work often. For the selective demo we do I dont need the brute force of a 330 or larger machine. Having the 45' vertical feet of reach with a rotating grapple on something I can mobe with the roll-off covers 80% of what I need. Next year we will put the reach boom on the Komatsu as the Hitachi is neering the end of its life cycle. As for not wanting any part of it, I have no interest in personally hauling it its a little "sketchy" for me.