Hey Guys, I have a small issue with my EX, the auto idle stopped working a few weeks back. I start up the machine turn knob to full power and press the auto idle the motor idles down, I then move the controllers and she idles up but will not auto idle down, stays at full RPM till I turn the knob down. The auto feature has been working for several months then just stopped one day, I have checked fuses looked for any wiring issues but cant seam to locate any visual problems. I called my local dealer and they want to send someone out for 100service charge, plus mileage and 110 per hour. I don't mind paying but would like to check all the small stuff before I spend 400 plus just to find out a wire is loose or a connector came off. The A/I light does show up on the monitor when button is pressed. Machine Hitachi EX 160 LC -5 Hours 3900 +/- Year 2000 Motor Isuzu
The A/I sensor on the pump may have failed. They will be able to hook the pc to it and see if the switch is active or not.
I was playing around with the A/I and it will work for the pilot controls but not for moving of the tracks. Where is the switch located, I will just pick one up and replace.
If its like the Deere, which it should be since Hitachi builds them for Deere, it "should" be on the manifold block on the pump. As soon as the pump senses demand, (pressure drop) the switch would activate and rev the engine.