Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2000 JLG 450a

Roger W Austin · 2025-11-18 19:32

Just bought a Jlg 450a 2000 model for personal use, only gave $5000 for it but it needs some work, and I’m looking for help. I have replaced joystick and now it moves fwd and rev. Was having trouble with low voltage but found loose battery cable, problem solved, all controls work upper and lower but a couple don’t work correctl, the basket uses two hyd cyl to swivel i replaced both hoses that were bad but basket will only swivel about a quarter turn to right and none past center to left. Bled both cyl with no change. I also have a couple other hyd lines that are leaking and I am trying to replacethem. This is no easy task, I need to get the fuel tank out for a couple reasons it needs cleaning and I would like to get it running on gasoline also, as of now it is only running on propane. But the biggest reason I need to get it out is so I can get to some of the hyd lines I need to change. I can’t get it to move at all I have taken the strap that is around the middle of the tank but it still won’t budge, not one bit. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic gas tank?

Replies10
  1. #1Roger W Austin2025-12-22 11:24

    Still can’t get tank out and have machine running on propane and lot of hyd lines replaced. But now another problem. trying to get fuel pump to run, pump bad installed new pump no power to pump. Does any one know where the fuel pump relay is?

  2. #2Mr. Wrench2025-12-22 17:48

    It probable is a the lower control box. You can go on JLG's web site and look up a repair manual and it would tell you.

  3. #3Roger W Austin2025-12-22 18:24

    I have downloaded every Jlg manual they have but no where have I found the location of the fuel pump relay.

  4. #4Mr. Wrench2025-12-22 19:04

    Can you post your serial number please.

  5. #5willie592025-12-22 21:33

    I could be wrong as I'm not looking at a manual for that year machine, but I'm thinking by the time JLG started producing the 450A they had updated their machine designs to use a controller in the platform and a main controller in the lower control box. No relays, everything is controlled by that controller. The platform controller and main controller communicate via Can Bus.

  6. #6Roger W Austin2025-12-22 22:07

    Still can’t get tank out and have machine running on propane and lot of hyd lines replaced. But now another problem. trying to get fuel pump to run, pump bad installed new pump no power to pump. Does any one know where the fuel pump relay is?

  7. #7Roger W Austin2025-12-22 22:08

    0300051492

  8. #8Roger W Austin2025-12-22 22:10

    Mine doesn’t have a controller it has relays everywhere!!! And no com ports for a analyzer

  9. #9willie592025-12-22 22:14

    I stand corrected.

  10. #10Mr. Wrench2025-12-23 12:40

    So it looks like if you have the GM engine, it does not have a fuel pump relay. The engine ECM controls the ground side of the pump to regulate the pressure. If you have the FORD engine it looks like the relay would be under the cover that is over the intake manifold. There are three relays there, power, start, and fuel pump.