Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2000 Sterling Jakes not working

JTWAT ยท 2021-01-23 23:51

Removed valve covers and operated jake solenoid,it wll activate. Ran 12v to solenoid and it works. Adjusted all valves, injector preload and jakes. Have power at jake on-off switch. Cruise control does not work. Not sure where else to look for cause of problem. The truck is a 2000 Sterling LT9500 with Cat C10 and 8ll trans..

Replies5
  1. #1funwithfuel2021-01-24 00:14

    Check fuse for cruise. I would suspect it enables a second brake switch which disables cruise and enables retarders. Whether it's an air switch or a plunger switch on the pedal, I can't say.

  2. #292U 34062021-01-24 10:08

    I'd check clutch switch. If that is not the issue, I'd get a laptop on it and verify the throttle pedal goes to 0% when released.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2021-01-24 10:18

    Our sterling would do this till you turned the key off then we realized if you hit the cruze switch by mistake they don't work

  4. #4JTWAT2021-01-27 23:53

    Thanks Tyler, Ill try that. I also looked for a switch on the clutch pedal and linkage but found none. Accelerator pedal does not have one either. it only has a plug with wires going to ECM.

  5. #5Tyler d4c2021-01-28 06:44

    Even if that isn't your problem maybe the switch is stuck in the steering wheel of something along those lines