looking for my first backhoe, nothing commercial but I’m on good land I’d like to work/clear. Is this a good deal provided everything works and no leaks? Help!
Looks like a pretty good deal. I would still have someone that knows a thing or two and pay them to give it a good look. Make sure to get it good and hot and work it. Hopefully, you have the ability to work on it, or the funds to pay someone if you need. Personally, I stay away from JCB as parts seem to be more expensive and I have heard of bad dealer support. I have run a JCB for a bit and they are a great machine, though the outriggers look like the European style.
Well. “Not used much” “not sure of the hours” and my favorite, “has a new hydraulic pump”. None of those things add up to me. I would DEFINITELY have a heavy equipment mechanic give it a once over for sure. If the old hydraulic pump grenaded and the hydraulic system wasn’t properly cleaned you are in for a world of heartache and potentially endless hydraulic issues.