Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 Bobcat 883 Gauge cluster not on, machine will not start

JPitts707 ยท 2025-01-26 16:57

As the title suggests, I have no lights on the gauge/control panel, but I have power making it to the ignition switch and warning lights. The battery, fuses and relays all tested okay. Power is also making it to the seemingly dead panel. All the warning lights for the panel with the ignition switch come on and stay on, and I can hear the glow plugs heating and all my lights will turn on fine. Suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-28 19:56

    Maybe you have power or ground connection problems to the dash. Need to prove these with a meter before buying parts. Will get back to this in a little while. Do you have a quality multimeter, or access to one? Simon C

  2. #2Simon C2025-01-28 21:32

    So I see that you tested the battery, was it under load, the gauge cluster will be powered up, can't say which wire has the power without a schematic, do you have a schematic on it? Do you know how to check the ground connection from the display to battery negative. Can lend some insite if you need. Simon C

  3. #3Simon C2025-01-28 22:34

    Have you checked if you have power coming out of the ignition switch S-Terminal when you turn it that far. Is there power to the S-Terminal of starter solenoid when you hold the ignition switch in the start position. Not there so just asking questions, Simon C